cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What and where is the "WPS access point" reqired to use wifi for the MX432 printer

BrianLWinklerLL
Apprentice

What and where is the "WPS access point" button required to set up wifi for the MX432 printer

13 REPLIES 13

Hi hvenbnd,

The drivers to install the printer wirelessly can be downloaded from the Canon USA website since you do not have a CD drive.  So we can provide you with instruction for downloading the drivers, please reply with what operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X).

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Speroman
Apprentice

I have a WPS button on my netgear router. When I follow the instructions the printer (MG7500 model) detects the access point but times out when it tries to connect. Any guidance?

Hello.

If the WPS connection times out, you may have to use the standard connection method.  When the WPS prompt appears on the printer, press the Stop button on the unit.  This will allow you to skip the WPS phase and choose the standard connection process.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Wryly
Apprentice

No Kudos for the first answer reply. This doesn't work. 45 minutes because of bad CD ROM instructions. Nothing described by Cannon reps worked.  Hence 10 more questions about the same issue. 

Here's the answer: WPS ACCESS POINT IS A BUTTON ON THE TOUCH SCREEN OF THE PRINTER ONLY. The screen on the printer is also a working Key Pad.  Firstly: if the device doesn't recognize the printer~Work from the printer screen until you get a connection THEN go to the CD rom.   If you see an x over wifi Follow instructions for "Other connection method". Then hit the button that says "standard set-up".  When the squares appear, touch one and the screen will become a keyboard.  Enter in your modem password and you will be good to go. 

Announcements