cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What and where is the "WPS access point" reqired to use wifi for the MX432 printer

BrianLWinklerLL
Apprentice

What and where is the "WPS access point" button required to set up wifi for the MX432 printer

13 REPLIES 13

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello BrianLWinklerLL.

If your router is WPS-Ready, the WPS button would be located on your router itself.

If your router does not have a clearly marked 'WPS' button, please use the CD with your computer to perform the standard wireless installation.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I connected my MX452 to the internet then used the setup disk to install the printer on a new laptop. 

Software went thru routine to establish WiFi connection, including the "Press WPS button" instruction.
  There is no such button on my router.

AI alowed installation to proceed but no wireless connection was detected.  "Redetect" option failed to find connection.

What can I do now, please?  I made a connection on my last laptop without using a USB cable.

My WPS button is on my the back of my router (blue button)
with out any name, just there

What a simple answer!  Why didn't my instruction book tell me.  I have been using a wired connection ever since I got my new computer about a year ago. That you very, very, much!

Hi richrd0001,

What type of router do you have?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply, Ramona.  I apologize for not responding till now.  I just became aware of your response.  I don't have the second computer in question any more so my question is moot.

I appreciate your courtesy.

Teely37
Apprentice
I have a tp-link model tl-wr841n and I can't find the access point in the router on the back it says wps/reset which I pushed then had to set up my router again...can you give me any suggestions on this please

HI Teely37,

The WPS button is a button that may be on the access point or router that you are trying to connect your printer to; there is not a WPS button on the printer.  Not all access points or routers have a WPS button, so if yours does not, you will not be able to setup the printer wirelessly using WPS, but can still connect the printer wirelessly using the USB connection method.

To connect the printer wirelessly to your access point/router using the USB connection method, please follow the steps located here.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

hvenbnd
Apprentice

I do not have a cd drive.  now what?

Announcements