cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPS PIN number

ARH
Apprentice

Hi
I've just switched to a new laptop (Lenovo, as was the previous one) and am trying to set up the laptop to connect to the printer.  It's taken two days but when I search for devices the laptop now recognises the printer, but requires the WPS PIN to complete the connection,
I can't find the WPS PIN!
I have followed about 300 diffrerent solutions for this problem (only a slight exaggeration) and have complete the whole Wireless LAN set up thing again, but still can't find the **bleep** number.
Please don't blind me with science.  I'm reasonably computer literate as far as software goes but hardware is a foreign country.
I only need the **bleep** WPS PIN for goodness sake - surely it shouldn't be this difficult?

I know this question has been asked on the forum before, but the answers didn't help.
My printer is an MG5300 series.  Please tell me where I can find the info I need!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Hi, ARH.

I'm not a support agent, but from what I've learned, the WPS PIN is part of your WiFi router, not part of your printer. It will tie your printer to the router without needing to enter your WiFi password. You should have a WPS button on the router itself, or within your WiFi app - it will generate the WPS PIN. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi, ARH.

I'm not a support agent, but from what I've learned, the WPS PIN is part of your WiFi router, not part of your printer. It will tie your printer to the router without needing to enter your WiFi password. You should have a WPS button on the router itself, or within your WiFi app - it will generate the WPS PIN. 

Hi Stephen

Your reply made a lot of sense, but ...

I've had no trouble connecting the printer to the network,  but when I'm trying to 'add printer' via the control panel on the laptop, it keeps asking me for the WPS PIN number.  Okay, I accept your point that the router generates it but I still need to put it in the laptop in order to print,  Sorry, I'm probably being a bit stupid here but my brain's a bit numb from all the different solutions I've read in the past few hours!

Thanks to your help, Stephen, I have finally managed to connect the printer to the laptop.  It wasn't easy, but knowing the WSP PIN number was on the router made ALL the difference.  Thank you.

Announcements