cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI 5Ghz

tjisret
Apprentice

Just bought the Canon MG6620 and I have connected it to my Home Network with out a problem and she is working great!  But it connected to the 2.4Ghz Band of my router. But I was just wondering does this printer support the 5Ghz Band which I would much rather connect to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi tjisret,

The PIXMA MG6620 is not compatible with the 5Ghz band of routers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

tinyteri
Contributor
No port..lol..I set a duel wireless repeater up..I now print with a5 GHz computer on a2.4 GHz printer 😁

tinyteri
Contributor

Grandswiss
Apprentice
My Canon printer is not located near to the router. So wired Ethernet is not an option. My 2.4 GHz is too crowded, so this Wifi is not an option as well. Why don't Canon printers support 5 GHz? When us it planned?

tinyteri
Contributor
A little secret.. If you can access the settings for your router change channel to 1 or 6 or 11( which ever is not already on) that should help clear most of the congestion..I just changed mine from 1 to 11 and viola it was definitely faster.. Went from 36 Mbps to 51

tinyteri
Contributor

tinyteri
Contributor
I bought a duel wireless repeater it sends on both frequency at same time.. My Canon now works in my room.. With my computer(5 GHz) in my kitchen.. The repeater just plugs into a wall.. No need for wires.. And it was only 20 dollars on eBay..

dfmuniz74
Apprentice

I disabled SCS (Smart Channel Selection) on my router, by changing Channel Selection from Auto to 161 (DFS - Dynamic Frequency Selection).

Announcements