cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated ASUS router firmware and now my canon MF726CDW can't see router

souprgrover
Apprentice

I recently had to update the firmware for my ASUS AC2400 dual band router. After I updated it, my Canon Imageclass MF726CDW printer can no longer see either the 2.4 or 5G wireless networks. It can see a third network from xfinity, but all my computers and phones do not connect to that network so I need the printer to connect to the ASUS network. I have rebooted the router and the printer. The printer firmware is up to date.

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi souprgrover.

Make sure the router is broadcasting its identity.  If the router is not broadcasting, then the printer will not register it as present even if it does facilitate communication between devices.  Also double-check that no settings on the router are excluding the printer, and that the 2.4 GHz connection has not been disabled.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes the router is broadcasting as I can see and connect to it via my cell phone and other devices. Both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks are active. There are no settings excluding the printer I can find. The router is 12 inches from the printer so interference isn't an issue and it worked fine until I upgraded the router firmware yesterday.

Not sure why this was the case, but the router firewall was keeping the printer from seeing it. I turned off the firewall and was able to reconnect the printer then turn the firewall back on. I also set a static IP for the printer.

Announcements