cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up new TR4520 via wireless network - HELP PLEASE

ACacciatore
Apprentice

I purchased a new Pixma TR4520 and tried to set it up this week.  I have printed the network configuration page (3 times) which shows the printer is connected to my wireless network, but it is not visible to either my personal or work PC's.  According to the diagnostics "There is no problem." The router channel is 2.4GHz, and that is the same one both PC's are connected to, so it isn't that.

My work help desk was able to set up the printer with a USB cable, but 1.5 hours later still no WIFI connection.  Cannot even get a response when pinging the IP address, tried reassigning a new IP address and nothing.

I have restarted the printer, the router and the PC's multiple times.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions before I return this to the store?

Thank you!!!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Once the printer is connected to a 2.4 Ghz wireless network, any device connected to the same network (wired or wireless) should be able to "see" it and print.  Not being able to PING it from another dervice on the network would incicate that its might not be connected or associated with the network.  When connected, there is nothing from the printers standpoint that might keep it from "replying" or announcing its presence to other devices.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements