09-11-2017 02:00 PM
I picked up a new TS5051 Pixma printer today with the intention of using it with an ipad, via AirPrint (it has the current IOS install). I have installed the Canon Print app. My router is on the floor direclty below me and signal strength is great. BUT I am unable to register the printer on the LAN network as a prelude to using the app. It sees my network but just won't connect. As a result, I am unable to proceed.
I have turned ipad, router & printer on and off for various combos and/of time. I have also printed out a network config page to see if I could identify something obvious... It's all there, as enabled, EXCEPT connection (inactive), encyption (none), WEP key length (Inactive), authentication (auto) and IPsec (Inactive).
Any ideas? I've wasted 3 hours on this so far!
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-21-2017 02:22 PM
To connect your PIXMA TS5051 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:
1. Press the HOME button on your PIXMA TS5051.
2. Select Setup on the Home screen (it is the gear icon at the bottom of the LCD screen).
3. Select Settings.
4. Select Device Settings.
5. Select LAN settings.
6. Select Wireless LAN.
7. Select Wireless LAN setup.
8. Select Manual connect.
9. Select your wireless network name.
10. Enter your wiress network password.
11. Select OK when "Connected to the wireless router." appears.
Your PIXMA TS5051 is now connected to your wireless network.