cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get a Pixma TS5051 to connect to LAN

MisterGee
Apprentice

Hello there,

I picked up a new TS5051 Pixma printer today with the intention of using it with an ipad, via AirPrint (it has the current IOS install). I have installed the Canon Print app. My router is on the floor direclty below me and signal strength is great. BUT I am unable to register the printer on the LAN network as a prelude to using the app. It sees my network but just won't connect. As a result, I am unable to proceed.

I have turned ipad, router & printer on and off for various combos and/of time. I have also printed out a network config page to see if I could identify something obvious... It's all there, as enabled, EXCEPT connection (inactive), encyption (none), WEP key length (Inactive), authentication (auto) and IPsec (Inactive).

Any ideas? I've wasted 3 hours on this so far! 

Thanks

Zim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MisterGee,

To connect your PIXMA TS5051 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the HOME button on your PIXMA TS5051.

2.  Select Setup on the Home screen (it is the gear icon at the bottom of the LCD screen).

3.  Select Settings.

4.  Select Device Settings.

5.  Select LAN settings.

6.  Select Wireless LAN.

7.  Select Wireless LAN setup.

8.  Select Manual connect.

9.  Select your wireless network name.

10.  Enter your wiress network password.

11.  Select OK when "Connected to the wireless router." appears.

Your PIXMA TS5051 is now connected to your wireless network.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MisterGee,

To connect your PIXMA TS5051 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the HOME button on your PIXMA TS5051.

2.  Select Setup on the Home screen (it is the gear icon at the bottom of the LCD screen).

3.  Select Settings.

4.  Select Device Settings.

5.  Select LAN settings.

6.  Select Wireless LAN.

7.  Select Wireless LAN setup.

8.  Select Manual connect.

9.  Select your wireless network name.

10.  Enter your wiress network password.

11.  Select OK when "Connected to the wireless router." appears.

Your PIXMA TS5051 is now connected to your wireless network.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Your suggested solution is trying to connect it to a MAC . . . . I am on a PC . . .

Help!

Announcements