cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get PIXMA MX922 to Recognize Router

Deleted021121a
Apprentice

This is a new install...Recently purchased PIXMA MX922 and have not been successful in getting to recognize my router. Steps I took:

1. Menu --> Search for Access Point --> once engaged it times out.   

2. My second attempt involved...Menu --> Change set up method --> Other setup ---> Advanced setup --> My access point is not displayed in the menu. I searched several times to no avail.

3. Last Attempt: My third attempt was to enter the name directly. The result was the same - access point was not found.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? 

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Deleted021121a wrote:

This is a new install...Recently purchased PIXMA MX922 and have not been successful in getting to recognize my router. Steps I took:

1. Menu --> Search for Access Point --> once engaged it times out.   

2. My second attempt involved...Menu --> Change set up method --> Other setup ---> Advanced setup --> My access point is not displayed in the menu. I searched several times to no avail.

3. Last Attempt: My third attempt was to enter the name directly. The result was the same - access point was not found.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? 

I have no idea what it might be doing wrong.. 

Check your security settings in your wireless router.  Make sure that it is not setup to only allow connections to a list of valid MAC addresses.  If so, disable it until you get connected, and can add the printer's MAC address to the list.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements