Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Unable to get PIXMA MX922 to Recognize Router

This is a new install...Recently purchased PIXMA MX922 and have not been successful in getting to recognize my router. Steps I took:

1. Menu --> Search for Access Point --> once engaged it times out.   

2. My second attempt involved...Menu --> Change set up method --> Other setup ---> Advanced setup --> My access point is not displayed in the menu. I searched several times to no avail.

3. Last Attempt: My third attempt was to enter the name directly. The result was the same - access point was not found.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to get PIXMA MX922 to Recognize Router

@TallCedar wrote:

This is a new install...Recently purchased PIXMA MX922 and have not been successful in getting to recognize my router. Steps I took:

1. Menu --> Search for Access Point --> once engaged it times out.   

2. My second attempt involved...Menu --> Change set up method --> Other setup ---> Advanced setup --> My access point is not displayed in the menu. I searched several times to no avail.

3. Last Attempt: My third attempt was to enter the name directly. The result was the same - access point was not found.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? 

I have no idea what it might be doing wrong.. 

Check your security settings in your wireless router.  Make sure that it is not setup to only allow connections to a list of valid MAC addresses.  If so, disable it until you get connected, and can add the printer's MAC address to the list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."