cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to MX922

rccornelius
Apprentice

I have two computers on a home wireless network, one is a windows 8 computer and the other a windows 7 computer. My windows 8 machine can connect to the MX922 without any problem, but my Windows 7 computer is unable to find the printer on the wireless network. I've tried manually adding the printer by IP address through Windows, but the computer still can't see the printer. I've tried installing the Canon software - but it can't find the printer on the wireless network. 

The printer is connected to the wireless network properly and it able to print/scan from the windows 8 computer, but i can't get my windows 7 computer to find it on the network.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rccournelius,

Please make sure that your Windows 7 comptuer and PIXMA MX922 are operating on the same wireless network.  To determine this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the Menu button.

2.  Select Setup and press OK.

3.  Select Device Settings and press OK.

4.  Use the up or down buttons to select LAN settings and press OK.

5.  Use the up or down buttons to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK.

6.  Use the up or down buttons to select WLAN setting list and press OK.

Take note of the IP address next to "Default Gateway".

On your computer, please open a web browser and type in the IP address of the Default Gateway in the address bar.

Are you able to connect to the Default Gateway?

If not, the Windows 7 computer and PIXMA MX922 are not on the same network.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements