cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect new laptop to MX472

karezz
Apprentice

I have a new Lenovo Windows 10 laptop and an existing MX472 printer/scanner.  I downloaded the MX470 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) and it the installation cannot complete because it cannot detect the printer. The laptop and the printer are on the same network. I can print from my iPhone using Airprint. I  have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers/software package several times. I have restarted the printer and the laptop. How do I get the software to finish installing on my computer if it cannot get through the last step, detecting the printer?

canon message.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

See if this helps:

https://youtu.be/hBFXDST3G7Y

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I figured my firewall wasn't permitting the computer to recognize the printer, so I turned it off. I am now able to print from my computer. However, I cannot scan! The driver download still didn't complete - says it doesnt recognize the printer, but since I can print, it must recognize it somehow. I also don't have a desktop icon for the printer/scanner. HELLLPPPP!!!!

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Karezz,

If you can print but you can't scan and you can use the MX472 from your phone, it will usually mean that something prevented the scanner driver from installing on the computer. Firewall settings can block the MX472 from being detected and anti-virus/spyware settings can prevent the scanner driver from installing. In this situation, I would suggest turning off the firewall and all other security programs on the computer and then reinstalling the full driver and software package from our website again.

Once the install is complete, click on the Windows icon in the lower left and let me know if you see a folder for Canon Utilities in your list of programs. In Canon Utilities, you should find the IJ scan utility and that is the program that allows you to scan.

If the IJ scan utility did not show up after the install, I would need some additional information to assist further, If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can continue to troubleshoot.

1. What security software are you using on the computer?
  2. After the printer is selected, do you get any errors in the install or where does the install stop?

how do i install mx472 to another laptop without CD?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Download all the necessary drivers and software form the Canon support site.

Canon Support for PIXMA MX472 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements