cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate LAN for MX410

bematthe
Contributor

Hello,

I have a PIXMA MX 410, but lately have been having issues with it.

I have been attempting to set up a LAN connection, but I get a message stating that LAN is currently inactive, and that I need to enable LAN access before I can connect to the network. In the past, the display would show both the activate LAN and deactivate LAN options to select from. Now, the only option displaying is the deactivate LAN.

So basically, I go to set up LAN, I'm told I need to switch from inactive to active, and when it takes me to the screen to make that change, deactivate is the only option, sending me in repeated circles, and coming close to sending the printer out the window. What do I need to do to even get the option to activate LAN access?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bematthe,

Please reset your PIXMA MX410.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX410 repeatedly until Device settings appears.

2.  Use the left or right arrow button to select Reset setting, then press the OK button.

3.  Use the left or right arrow button to select LAN settings, then press the OK button.

4.  Use the left or right arrow button to select Reset LAN settings, then press the OK button.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Oddly enough, this was the action that got me into this predicament in the first place.
I tried doing it again just to see, but it did not resolve the issue. Only after turning off the printer for a day and then turning it back on solved the issue, at least partially.  It's connected to LAN now, but I can only print from a Windows 7 computer.

Hello.

Try uninstalling the MX410 series MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network tool on the computer.  Once these are removed, try reinstalling the MP drivers on the computer.  The latest MP Drivers are available at the following link:

PIXMA MX410 Drivers & Downloads

A temporary USB cable connection will be needed during one point of the wireless setup.  A USB cable was included with the printer for this process.  If you do not have the cable that came with the printer, use any standard A to B USB cable to make this connection.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements