cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Connect to Wireless Access Point

tommybstring
Apprentice

I'm trying to get this Canon Printer (PIXMA TR8520) connected to my wireless network. I have reset all the settings to default on the printer. When setting up the printer on the network I selected 'wireless LAN' and  'setup manually'. Then I select my access point, but when I type in the password I get the message "failed to connect to the wireless router"

I know the password I've entered is correct and verified. Any hardware issues why I cannot simply connect to my home wireless network? My laptop is on the network, so I know its working. I have also rebooted the modem and router.

Anything else I can try? Should I return the printer? I don't have a printer usb-b cable and want it setup on the network.

Thanks for any help! 

1 REPLY 1

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi tommybstring,

I understand that you have a TR8520 and during the Manual Connect it is not accepting your network password. 

To troubleshoot this issue, perform the following steps to check the printer's network card:

1. Press the WI-FI icon.
  2. Press YES if a password message appears.
  3. Press LAN SETTINGS.
  4. Press WIRELESS DIRECT ACTIVE/INACTIVE.
  5. The message, You can connect the printer and wireless devices directly without involving a wireless router. Press ON.
  6. The message, Password information is included in the next screen. Press YES.
  7. Note the SSID and the PASSWORD, press OK.(You may need to slide your finger from the bottom of the screen to the top to obtain all the informaiton.)
  8. Connect a mobile device to the printers SSID via wireless LAN, perform a test print.

Once the test print is performed successfully. Attempt connecting the printer to your network (password is case sensitive).

Announcements