cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The printer could not be detected on the network message during Canon PIXMA MX922 installation

mimiaz58
Apprentice

Could not complete driver installation during brand new set-up because of this message. Went through wirless connection set-up several times and connectivity was always present. Logged into my D-Link 626L router and could see the printer connected but the ip address referenced was 0.0.0.0. Tried to assign a static ip address through set-up on the printer and also use the cmd prompt in windows, all to no avail.

Called Canon Support and these 2 setting changes solved the problem:

1) Disable the Wirelss LAN DRX setting

2) Disable the IPv6 Setting

This article explains how to adjust the settings on the printer. 

The name of the article is: Check the IPv6 and Wireless LAN DRX settings
I hope this helps someone else as I spent many hours trying to get this working. Now all is well after changing the above. Thank you Canon Support!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mimiaz58,

Thank you for sharing!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

I have mg3660 that isn't connecting wirelessly either. I wish I had bought a LCD screen one as it's so much easier!!! I will try and add the Mac address of the printer to my security setting in my router (netgear) and see how that goes. Why do they make it so difficult?? I tried the ubiquitous connection but it said it could not find the port and I could not create a port for it when I searched for the solution. In very disappointed in Canon. Let you know how I go.

After 40mins of Canon phone support I got an ip address! Had to press the dps button on my router and also extend my ip address range on my router. Used the main setup software and it took a while and even if it failed to detect printer at first just keep going until I connected using the usb method. Disconnected when it told me to and it then set up the connection to my router. Successfully printed from ipad, laptop after it got an ip address. In short, just call their support line and hope you get someone good.

Km1
Apprentice

Sorry for the spelling mistakes. Meant to say I pressed the wps button for five seconds on my router after I pressed the Wi-Fi button on my printer until the power light and Wi-Fi were flashing. I had to restart my router after the Wi-Fi blue light kept flashing. After that I did get an ip address. I had to restart my laptop after tried the set up as it failed to detect the printer. It does take a while but eventually my laptop picked up the Wi-Fi when I ran the master setup and chose the Wi-Fi using  usb method. Hope this helps a little.

harmonjmo
Apprentice

This did not work for me. I have 2 other computers that communicate fine with this printer. Any other thoughts?

gwendolynpander
Apprentice

This article was very helpful. After executing the steps mentioned my printer connected seamlessly.  Canon should include these helpful solutions in their printed directions that come with the printer. This experience left me with a negative opinion of Canon. I'm so frustrated and so mad at Canon. I wasted so much time.

bizl
Apprentice
Thanks man., Saved me a whole bunch of time.

In a weird way this worked instantly and automatically GoogleCloud Print where it was failing before seemed to fire off and everything appeared as it should

Now printing, after 4 hrs

qwertyu
Apprentice

I had the same problem.  In my case I had an IPV4 address registered on the printer.  I disabled IPV6 but it didn't help, still got "Printer Not Detected"

Finally after much trial and error I found a setting that I had disabled in the printer called "Enable WSD Scan from this Device".  This was in the WSD settings.  When I enabled this setting, then the setup wizard was able to find the printer

dennreyes
Apprentice

I've tried this solution and it did not work for me.  I've been using my MX922 for about 2 years now and all of a sudden it stopped working and I can't detect it in my network.  I am running Win10 64 bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JennieM5309
Apprentice

Thank you for sharing!  I only had to disable the IPv6 Setting and not the LAN DRX setting so others may just start with IPv6 first and only change the other if necessary.

BillyBob92048
Apprentice

Printer will not detect my network.  Entered the network name directly and still no luck in detecting the network.  Printer was working ok before I went on vacation.  

Announcements