cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The printer could not be detected on the network message during Canon PIXMA MX922 installation

mimiaz58
Apprentice

Could not complete driver installation during brand new set-up because of this message. Went through wirless connection set-up several times and connectivity was always present. Logged into my D-Link 626L router and could see the printer connected but the ip address referenced was 0.0.0.0. Tried to assign a static ip address through set-up on the printer and also use the cmd prompt in windows, all to no avail.

Called Canon Support and these 2 setting changes solved the problem:

1) Disable the Wirelss LAN DRX setting

2) Disable the IPv6 Setting

This article explains how to adjust the settings on the printer. 

The name of the article is: Check the IPv6 and Wireless LAN DRX settings
I hope this helps someone else as I spent many hours trying to get this working. Now all is well after changing the above. Thank you Canon Support!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mimiaz58,

Thank you for sharing!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

Hello guys,

Would like to share the steps I did to finally get my iP7250 connected to WiFi network after 4 hours of struggling.

After trying the WPS and many many restarts, I decided to share the mobile internet from my phone. First reset the printer networksettings (in my case holding oneof the buttons till power led flashed 9 times). Then connected my laptop to that shared connection and during the printer setup process (via USB) I selected an option to manually configure the network. Chosed shared mobile network, put the pssword and... it just worked! The installation process finished successfully, disconnected the USB. Afterwards I opened the installed Canon IJ Network Tool and the printer was successfully found. Opened the configuration there and manually changed the settings (SSID, passphrase, even the fixed IP) to my home WiFi network. Reconnected laptop to homenetwork and... magically the printer was found as well 😉

To me it looks like the WPS function ma be messing something in the printer network settings.

I hope this procedure can be applied to other similar cases - even with different printers.

Cheers guys! 😉 

Everything was working beautifully with my MX 532 printer.  Then I installed a new router( Asus AC5300 ) and my wireless printing stopped working.  It did not help whether the printer's IP was dynamic or fixed.  The printer was correctly setup.  The problem was with the configuration set in the router.

I was able to troubleshoot the cause of the printer not being detected on the network.  There is a setting called "Airtime Fairness" which needed to be disabled.  That option is found on the router's wireless advanc...

brasjorge
Apprentice
Thank you. It worked for me. I was very frustrated before finding this post! Thanks a bunch again!

sinisterkitten
Apprentice

I am such an idiot! I hope this might help someone else that might encounter this as the reason for not being able to connect. After hours and days and weeks of installing, uninstalling, resetting, following every single advise I could find... my dumb a$$ FINALLY realized.... gee, if I'm using a VPN i'm invisible on the network...if i'm invisible on the network, my printer won't be able to link up with my laptop ON THE NETWORK THAT I AM INVISIBLE ON!!!!! took 2 seconds to hit the radio button to turn off my invisibility cloak, ran the setup, connected...then put back on my invisibility cloak. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Mayar
Apprentice

Hi

After implementing the solution of disabling the IPv6, I still had the problem on some of my computers (but some others worked).  So, I eventually understood that the wifi router was "confused".  Powering off my wifi router, and then powering it back on finally solved the problem.

Announcements