cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The IPv4 address has been changed in every few days !!

emz_upal
Apprentice

My Canon imageclass D1620 multi printer is connected with wifi router Netgear R6050.

I got an error message on the printer screen "The IPv4 address has been changed" in every few days and the printer stops printing. If I restart the printer, it then works for 2/3 days and then start to get the same error message and stops printing. 

Any idea would be highly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please see my previous thread.  Applies in your case as well.

Different model printer, but 100% applicable to your situation:

Re: CAnon Pixma MX922 connecting wirelessly - Canon Community

Just to be clear, the behavior your are experiencing is related to your network, not your printer.  Any wireless device using DHCP can eventually have this problem unless you use a persistent destination, or one that doesn't change.  Its easy to fix, and only needs to be done once.

Netgear R6050...

See page 41  - to reserver a IP for the printer

AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router Model R6050 User Manual (netgear.com)

This should solve your issue.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I reserved the IP address through the router portal. It just stopped showing the error message "The IPv4 address has been changed", but still continue to stop printing/scanning from pc in every 1/2 days. If I restart either the printer or the router, printer then start to print.

Greetings,

Did you follow all of the steps?  Sounds like you've set the IP address...   did you uninstal and reinstall the printer?  Your operating system will continue to use the previous unreliable method until the printer is install using its IP as the printers destination.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Gormanejec
Apprentice

I couldn't understand the directions provided, so I phoned my internet provider and asked them to assign my printer an IP address (since they randomly change it for my wi-fi (most providers do to prevent hackers) and they did so within 5 minutes over the phone.  The only inconvenience is each time I print I receive the message that the IP Address changed (since it is different from wi-fi in the house); however, it is a small price to pay.:) 

Announcements