Canon Community Canon Community

wkb
New Contributor

TS8220 will not print or scan to the direct connect connection

I have a TS8220 that will print and scan to my internet network connection but will do neither when I connect to the printers direct connect. 

I contacted Cannon support and was told that because my phone would scan and print to the printer the problem was with my computer . . . end of support!

I determined (somehow) the port number of the printer and created a printer with that port number and I can print to the direct connecton but not scan from it. 

This problem exist with the norton anti virus turned off so that cannot be the problem. 

I would appreciate any help with this problem since cannon support apparently will not help here.

Reputable Contributor

Re: TS8220 will not print or scan to the direct connect connection

Greetings,

Your description is not clear to me.  Please tell us more about your issue and environment.

You have a TS8220 connected to what?  [Router, switch, computer]

Its connected how?  [Wireless, USB, Ethernet]

You can print/scan from or to your [PC, Phone, other device] successfully.

"I determined (somehow) the port number of the printer and created a printer with that port number and I can print to the direct connecton but not scan from it."

"Created a printer with that port" on what device?

Running what OS?

What is the Scan to device [destination]?

These are some of the mssing items.

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra