cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8220 will not print or scan to the direct connect connection

wkb
Apprentice

I have a TS8220 that will print and scan to my internet network connection but will do neither when I connect to the printers direct connect. 

I contacted Cannon support and was told that because my phone would scan and print to the printer the problem was with my computer . . . end of support!

I determined (somehow) the port number of the printer and created a printer with that port number and I can print to the direct connecton but not scan from it. 

This problem exist with the norton anti virus turned off so that cannot be the problem. 

I would appreciate any help with this problem since cannon support apparently will not help here.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your description is not clear to me.  Please tell us more about your issue and environment.

You have a TS8220 connected to what?  [Router, switch, computer]

Its connected how?  [Wireless, USB, Ethernet]

You can print/scan from or to your [PC, Phone, other device] successfully.

"I determined (somehow) the port number of the printer and created a printer with that port number and I can print to the direct connecton but not scan from it."

"Created a printer with that port" on what device?

Running what OS?

What is the Scan to device [destination]?

These are some of the mssing items.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements