cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8120 Wireless Scanning

Sintie
Apprentice

My TS8120 scans successfully only on a random basis, most times returning an error from ScanGear "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons".  Here is a screenshot of the error message.  Any help would be appreciated.

CanonTS8120 Scanning Error.jpg

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sintie,

The 2,157,50 error can be caused by security software blocking communication with the scanner.  Please temporarily disable your security software and attempt to scan again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply, Patrick.  It seems to work if I disable Windows Defender.  Since this is my only security software, what is the workaround for wireless scanning with the TS8120? Note that there are no issues with printing and the machine communicates with the computer except for saving the scan to the computer.

Sintie

Hi Sintie,

If you can print but still get the error when scanning you would need to speak with Microsoft. They would be able to create an exception for the scanner driver which will allow you to run Windows Defender and still be able to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How do I go about asking Microsoft for an exception?

Announcements