cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6120 Loses Wireless Router Constantly

joatmon01
Apprentice

Around the first of the new year our TS6120 developed an annoying habit of losing, forgetting, whatever you want to call it, our wireless router.  It happens after the printer is powered down (off).  I use it primarily to scan docs to my laptop, wirelessly.  My laptop is listed when I choose 'Scan to Computer', but when I press either scan option (b&w or color) I am prompted with a message stating I must select a PC.  I click search and none are listed nor can be found, even though we have several in the house. I re-enter the wireless router key and after a minute or so I'm able to scan to my laptop wirelessly.  Power down the printer and power it back up again and voila, the fun starts all over again. (I'm being sarcastic btw....)

We don't have this problem with any other wireless devices. 

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi joatmon01,

I would recommend disabling IPV6 on the printer. Please click HERE for the steps.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

If this does not resolve your issues,  please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).  

Announcements