cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS3322 with ChromeBook and Verizon WiFi JetPack

tyricker1
Apprentice

How can I connect the Canon TS3322 with my ChromeBook using a Verizon WiFi JefPack?  

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A couple of thinfgs to consider.

Google Cloud Print is being deprecated at the end of the month.

I would recommend using a static IP for the printer on your network which will bypass cloud print moving forward and not keep you from using your devices together. 

That said, trying to use these devices together (ongoing) on a Jet-Pack or hotspot might require constant managenent each and everytime you want to print.

Based on my previous experience with VZW and their jet-packs you might be able to assign your printer a static IP.  To do this, you have to log into the JetPack utility and configure these options on the web.  Why this is needed.  The jet pack provides the same type of wireless connectivity as a wireless router or AP.  If the printer's IP changes constantly, your chromebook might not find it they next time you turn it on and it connects to your Jet-Pack network.

Previous Jet-Packs allowed IP's in the Jet-Packs DHCP pool to be assigned to a specific device...  in this case your printer.

You can try connecting your chromebook and printer to the Jet-Pack, then add the printer to the Chromebook.  But again, what works today might change if the printer or Jet-Pack gets turned off and a new connection is made another day.

Suporting your Jet-Pack goes beyond the scope of the forum, but I think the information I provided will get you started and moving in the right direction.  Note, you still have about 17 days before supoort for Cloud Print officially ends.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements