Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

TS 3122 not connecting to the network

I just purchased a TS 3122 (black) and cannot get it to connect to the network either wireless or via USB. I have followed all the steps in the manual and the youtube videos produced by Canon on your YouTube channel and it still will not connect via WPS or USB. When connected via USB to my PC the printer is recognized and works properly. I am attempting to connect to a Netgear Router R7000P.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: TS 3122 not connecting to the network

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

I'm afraid cannot" and "will not connect" doesn't give us much information to go on,.  It doesn;t tell us what you did or what happened when you did it?

We also don't know what operating system you are using or the steps you are performing when tring to install the printer.

If you are using "SMART Connect" on the R7000P (one SSID name for both broadcasts), disable it and set a separate SSID name for your 2.4Ghz wireless broadcast.  The printer does not have a 5Ghz radio.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
New Contributor

Rick,

My apologies. I did eventually get it working, seems I was just quick pressing and not holding the network button for a few seconds when attempting to connect (I found the solution in an archived post on this forum), Thanks for your time and for responding!

-Adam

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adam,

Glad you got it figured out. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100