cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 stuck on "Offline"

toddney43
Apprentice

Got this printer back in October of 2018.  It set up easily and I connected two laptops wirelessly.  Then lately my printer was printing very slowly and after going through everything I could think of I decided to uninstall and reinstall.

Everything went fine, I connected the printer to my network and then tried to print a test page.  I get the "Printer is offline" message.  I've gone through the manual and the printer onscreen setups but nothing I do can get it to print.  The printer is connected to the network and obviously, my laptop is also.

Running Windows 10 and trying to connect wirelesly.  

7 REPLIES 7

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET.

Thanks!

Thanks John, I edited and re-posted.

Hi toddney43,

Since the printer connected to the network but the computer states it's offline, you can see if the computer is able to access the printer remote user interface. To do this you would need the printers IP address. You can get it by tapping on the wifi button of the printer and scroll down to IPv4 address.

Once you have the IP address, please open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page.

Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

We look forward to your reply.

OK, I am not the original person than posted this, but I do have the same problem. I went into the IPV4 IP address. I am sure it saw my printer as it brought up all the ink levels. I had originally thought it was offline because I had 2 ink cartridges low according to the printer. Purchased these and ink levels are all good! Anyone help?

Let me also add. ihave it connected wifi to a router. I was able to print a pic off my iphone to printer with no problem!

OK,

I downloaded the current driver and reinstalled. Still can print from phone but not to printer....

OK, just ran the printer troubleshooter and it fixed my problem, have no clue what did this!

Announcements