cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8520 printer

herblau
Apprentice

For whatever reason, my Canon TR8520 printer has saved default connections for a wifi network that I don't want it connected to, but I can't manually connect it to the one I use.

I'm working on figuring out how to reset the wifi settings, or forget the network, or etc. from the printer's operation panel.

Any assistance is appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Use the following instructions to complete the install.

Windows

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

From what I vaguely remember when I originally set the printer up 2 months ago, those instructions look like what I did then, and it was working fine until about 1-2 weeks ago.

I will look at the instructions on the page, and see if I am able to go through them, but IIRC, reecent attempts to adjust the wifi network have not been sucessful.

No, I already have the Canon quick menu installed on my computer.  But there isn't a way through that to adjust the network settings.

Is there a way to reset the printer default wif network settings?

Or change the wifi networks the printer can detect?

Hi herblau,

There is a way to reset the wireless settings on your printer. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press the settings button on the home screen( looks like a gear symbol).
  2. Tap settings
  3. Tap Device Settings
  4. Swipe down and tap on reset settings
  5. Tap on LAN Settings only and tap yes
  6. Tap ok and then the home button to leave that menu.

You wireless setting on the printer has now been reset and you can connect the printer to your network.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Elizabeth123
Apprentice

@herblau wrote:

For whatever reason, my Canon TR8520 printer has saved default connections for a wifi network that I don't want it connected to, but I can't manually connect it to the one I use.

I'm working on figuring out how to reset the wifi settings, or forget the network, or etc. from the printer's operation panel.

Any assistance is appreciated. 

The steps to reset wireless settings are:

Go to settings menu from home screen,and then to device settings.Then go down and select on reset settings.And final step go to LAN settings and type yes.And then click ok and return to home menu.I hopeit helps.Regards myschoolbucks

Announcements