Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

TR8520 printer

For whatever reason, my Canon TR8520 printer has saved default connections for a wifi network that I don't want it connected to, but I can't manually connect it to the one I use.

I'm working on figuring out how to reset the wifi settings, or forget the network, or etc. from the printer's operation panel.

Any assistance is appreciated. 

Reputable Contributor

Re: TR8520 printer

[ Edited ]

Use the following instructions to complete the install.

Windows

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra
New Contributor

From what I vaguely remember when I originally set the printer up 2 months ago, those instructions look like what I did then, and it was working fine until about 1-2 weeks ago.

I will look at the instructions on the page, and see if I am able to go through them, but IIRC, reecent attempts to adjust the wifi network have not been sucessful.

New Contributor

No, I already have the Canon quick menu installed on my computer.  But there isn't a way through that to adjust the network settings.

Is there a way to reset the printer default wif network settings?

Or change the wifi networks the printer can detect?

Product Expert

Hi herblau,

There is a way to reset the wireless settings on your printer. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press the settings button on the home screen( looks like a gear symbol).
  2. Tap settings
  3. Tap Device Settings
  4. Swipe down and tap on reset settings
  5. Tap on LAN Settings only and tap yes
  6. Tap ok and then the home button to leave that menu.

You wireless setting on the printer has now been reset and you can connect the printer to your network.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

@herblau wrote:

For whatever reason, my Canon TR8520 printer has saved default connections for a wifi network that I don't want it connected to, but I can't manually connect it to the one I use.

I'm working on figuring out how to reset the wifi settings, or forget the network, or etc. from the printer's operation panel.

Any assistance is appreciated. 

The steps to reset wireless settings are:

Go to settings menu from home screen,and then to device settings.Then go down and select on reset settings.And final step go to LAN settings and type yes.And then click ok and return to home menu.I hopeit helps.Regards myschoolbucks