cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4520 refuses to find my home network

StalePhish
Apprentice

I just got a brand new PIXMA TR4520 yesterday and it absolutely refuses to find my home wireless network.

Using the WiFi Setup user interface on the printer, I can scan for nearby networks and it lists multiple wireless networks belonging to my neighbors but does not list mine even though the relatively new TP-Link router is only about a foot away. The same router worked fine with my previous PIXMA TS5020 until the printer stopped working last week. I have literally over a dozen household devices connected to it without issue.

I tried downloading the Canon PRINT Injet/SELPHY Android app. I pressed the interlinking chains icon on the printer and letting my phone scan and sees the printer and comes up with a Select Wireless Route rscreen and lists 7 networks belonging to my neighbors but not my network.

If I back out of the app back to the Register Printer screen, it shows the correct SSID of my home network and scans for nearby printers, and ironically finds a neighbor's HP ENVY 5660 printer but it cannot see my PIXMA TR4520 from this screen's search.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StalePhish
Apprentice
Mystery solved! Troubleshooted with a friend and we found out that my 2.4 GHz SSID was hidden but my 5 GHz SSID was not. Apparently the Canon printer uses the older 2.4 GHz.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

StalePhish
Apprentice
Mystery solved! Troubleshooted with a friend and we found out that my 2.4 GHz SSID was hidden but my 5 GHz SSID was not. Apparently the Canon printer uses the older 2.4 GHz.

From TR4520 specs. page.  

Wireless support, 99% of printers (all brands) only support 2.4Ghz wireless, not 5G.

Documented.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. I don't think I even bothered to look at that spec because my 2017 model year TS5020 had been connecting fine to my 5 GHz router for almost a year. I believe I had even tried manually entering in the SSID into the TR4520 and it could not find it.

Announcements