Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

TR4520 not prompting for wi-fi password, so not connecting to the router

I am settign up my new TR4520 and when selecting on the printer it begins to try to connect without a prompt to imput the password. So the result, it tries to connect and then gives me an error message. Error Code: 3441.

The printer is trying to connect to my wireless router without asking for password.

How do I resolve this?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TR4520 not prompting for wi-fi password, so not connecting to the router

Greetings,

Wireless set up videos are here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw
Product Expert

Hi walepiper,

To connect your PIXMA TR4520 to your wireless netowork, please use the WPS PIN Code method:

https://support.usa.canon.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=ART173488

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Same problem and the videos and the WPS do not work.
New Contributor

doesn't work
New Contributor

I have the same issue.  In manual setup the printer will ask for a password for all the wifi signal in the neighborhood, but not for the one in my house.  It recognizes the signal but does not ask for a password.  Frustrating.

New Contributor

I was dealing with this issue as well. Check to see if you have WPA3 enabled on your network/routers. I turned WPA3 off which then drops the network down to WPA2 and it then allowed me to type in the password. After the setup was finished I turned my WPA3 back on and the printer is still connected. I don't think these devices are fully WPA3 compatible so that workaround might be what you need to do as well.