cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond. printer will not print wireless

ade1
Apprentice

Support Code : 300 The printer does not respond. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer.

Think I need to do something to the printer as I reset to factory settings and now nothing

Hope someone can help please ?

10 REPLIES 10

alfiemoore388
Apprentice

Try to delete and then re-add your printer again. For instructions on how to perform that, refer to the link below. I once had this issue and managed to fix it by re-adding my printer. Hope it works for you.

Techyv - Support Code 300

majesty1919
Apprentice

Have you fixed this?

This is the second time I've had this issue.

The first time was the airport, it was on the fritz so I replaced it and it was fine. That was a month and a half ago.

Here it is again.

The printer has power. I turned it off and on.

I unplugged the airport and plugged it back in. unsolved

I restarted my computer, deleted all jobs from the que and tried to print again. 

I went in deleted the printer from preferences and now NO printer is available.

I need reliability, any thoughts? 

I had to reinstall the setup. Ugh.

I had the same problem recently.  I deleted the printer on my mac and then pressed the +button to reinstall it.  Nothing happend.  What finally worked was to go to Canon downloads and support and reinstall the drivers.  Then when I hit + the printer reappeared on the list.  I reinstalled it, and everything worked fine, for now anyway. 

What MacOS are you running?

I don't see any drivers available for HighSierra so I reinstalled the most recent one I could find. When I hit the "+" to add nothing shows up automatically for me. Under what category did it show up for you? Default, IP, Windows?

Hi,

You have to go to the Canon software and driver page, enter your model number to find the latest drivers and software updates.

Yes. I have the Pixma MX340 and there don't seem to be any drivers for my MacOS. The last driver made was two OS's ago. I guess you were able to find something that matches your system?

This has nothing to do with Mac drivers. We are talking drivers and downloads for your Canon printer. Follow this link to the Canon D&D page: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/drivers-downloads

leodvthorn
Apprentice

If anyone is having problems with this error 300 and you are running Catalina, see this other forum post to see if it addresses your problem: 

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/Compatibility-of-Canon-MX870-amp-MG...

Announcements