cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software won't detect new PIXMA MG3620

ComicIrishDude
Apprentice

I just bought a brand new PIXMA MG3620 and I am pretty good with computers and software but for some reason, the software will not detect my new printer.

NO DETECTION

WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
1) ADD NEW PRINTER VIA MY LAPTOP CONTROL PANEL.

2) TRIED 5 TIMES TO INSTALL WITH THE SOFTWARE.

3) HELD THE WIFI KEY UNTIL THE ALARM LIGHT BLINKED 21 TIMES

4) AND JUAT ABOUT EVERY SOLUTION I HAVE READ ON THESE FORUMS

RELATING TO THIS ERROR.

MY QUESTION IS WHY THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE IN 2020, AND WHAT CAN I DO?

PLEASE HELP

THANK YOU

7 REPLIES 7

Darius
Whiz

Hi ComicIrishDude.

If you've already tried the cableless setup and were unable to detect or connect the printer, you may need to add exceptions to your computer's firewall or antivirus.  Refer to the security software's directions for adding exceptions.

If your router has a WPS button, or digital interface equivalent, you may use it for the printer's WPS push-button connection.  If the printer connects to the router successfully, but still isn't detected by the computer, ensure the computer is connected to the same (2.4 GHz) wireless network. 

If the computer is using 5G, then your router may be keeping it and the printer apart to maintain the faster 5G speeds.  If the computer is using a VPN (Virtual Private Network), you will need to either connect the printer by USB, or disconnect from the VPN to setup, install, and use the MG3620.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Why is the option to Direct Connect not available?
(See Picture)

I have read the instructions but they are for Windows XP

I am so frustrated right now.

grey.JPG

Dayday913
Apprentice
I had trouble connecting earlier as well. It would complete thru step 2 then the alarm light comes on and the installation download gets booted out. Like Darius mentioned I connected to 2.4 GHz WiFi connection on my phone and laptop and restarted the process and success.

How do you switch to a 2.4 GHz WiFi connection on Laptop?

Hi ComicIrishDude,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dayday913
Apprentice
I have spectrum which offers both 2 and 5 GHz WiFi connection. I was on the 5 when I first tried installing it so I connected to the 2 GHz instead and it worked when I ran thru the installation steps again

Hi Dayday913,

The PIXMA MG3620 can only connect to the 2.4GHz network.  I'm glad that you were able to resolve the issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements