cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Canon Printer - Update Driver Popup

Germ-X
Apprentice

Hello all, 

I was wondering if anyone has ever run into an issue like this. We just finished installing Uniflow on Server 2016. All the printer we have are up to date on drivers. The secure printer is using "uniFlow Universal PxlL Driver". A couple of night ago I ran the windows update on the server to install the security patches. Everything was working fine on the server once it came up.

2 days later when users tried to print to secure printer they were getting a message "Driver need to update". Since we are using GPO to push out all printers for workstation, not users profile.  when it tried to install the update it would fail every single time. Some workstation was able to still print but other users could not.

I checked everything on the server. The only way I could figure it out was to delete the printer and create it all over again. I then had to run gpupdate on the workstation to remove the printer, and then reinstall the printer again. Once that was done the printer started to work. 

I'm afraid of this happen since I have 200+ computers using secure print. 

If anyone has any idea please let me know. I have a couple of stations still asking to install the update drivers. 

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

Caemene
Rising Star

Hello Germ-X,

To best assist you additional information is needed. Please reply with the printer’s model number you are currently using over the network.

We look forward to your reply.

If you would like assistance with this issue in real time, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST.

Was there a solution to this problem.

I see the same type of problem with Windows server 2019 and Microsoft Security patches.  I loaded the Nov security patch and basiclly all my users where prompted to download updated driver.  I reverted back to the snap befor the pathc and every thing is back to normal.  My uniflow is setup with helper queue

It  would be nice to be able to patch Windows 2019 with out having my users download updated drivers

Hi, Dan_Luczak!  If you can provide us with the information requested above, we'll be better able to help you.

We look forward to your reply!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements