cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 Reset/Change WiFi Connection

gtifeld
Contributor

Hello Experts,

I have a friend with a Pixma MG3620 that was set up by someone else a few years ago on a wireless network. My friend changed ISPs a few months ago and now has a new router, but his printer was never set up to connect to the new access point.

Since the printer does not have a display panel, I can't quite figure out how to connect it to the new router. I looked at the documentation online, but I'm not seeing where those steps are.

How can I connect the printer wirelessly to the new access point/router? Can I change it, or do I need to manually reset the printer to its factory setting so that I'll be prompted to re-connect?

Thank you in advance for any assitance. Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi gtifeld,

Shadowsports provided some excellent information on connecting the printer to the network using a computer. 

Another option available is using an Android- or Apple-supported mobile device to connect the printer to the network. The steps below will assist you:

On the Printer

1. Turn the printer off and back on.
  2. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button (A) until the ON ((B) lamp flashes, release the button.
  3. Press and release the Color Start (C) button.
    • MG3620 cableless 1.PNG
  4. Press and release the Wi-Fi (A) button.
  5. Make sure that the Wi-Fi (D) lamp is flashing quickly and the ON lamp is solid.
    • MG3620 cableless 2.PNG

On your Mobile Device

1. From the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, download the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app. This app is free of charge.
  2. Once the app is downloaded, go to the home screen of your mobile device.
  3. Go to the device settings.
  4. Go to Wi-Fi.
  5. Temporarily connect to the Canon network.
  6. Open the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app.
  7. Press on the icon of the printer with the plus (+) sign in the upper left corner.
  8. Press Register Printer.
  9. Press Perform Wireless LAN Setup.
  10. Press Auto Select Conn. Method (recommended)
  11. Press Connect via wireless router (recommended)
  12. The message, “The printer will be connected to the following wireless router.” may appear on the screen, Press YES if it is your network.
  13. Please enter your network's password, press OK.
  14. The message, “Sent the settings.” will appear on the screen.” press OK.
  15. The app will attempt to register the printer.
  16. Press the detected printer.
  17. The message, “You can register a printer under a name of your choice.” will appear on the screen. You can change the name or press OK.
  18. Close the app.
  19. Perform a test print.

If the setup fails, please unplug your router for approximately 1 minute. Once the router is plugged back it, after approximately 2 minutes all devices should be back up on the network. Perform the wireless setup one more time.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi gtifeld,

Shadowsports provided some excellent information on connecting the printer to the network using a computer. 

Another option available is using an Android- or Apple-supported mobile device to connect the printer to the network. The steps below will assist you:

On the Printer

1. Turn the printer off and back on.
  2. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button (A) until the ON ((B) lamp flashes, release the button.
  3. Press and release the Color Start (C) button.
    • MG3620 cableless 1.PNG
  4. Press and release the Wi-Fi (A) button.
  5. Make sure that the Wi-Fi (D) lamp is flashing quickly and the ON lamp is solid.
    • MG3620 cableless 2.PNG

On your Mobile Device

1. From the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, download the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app. This app is free of charge.
  2. Once the app is downloaded, go to the home screen of your mobile device.
  3. Go to the device settings.
  4. Go to Wi-Fi.
  5. Temporarily connect to the Canon network.
  6. Open the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app.
  7. Press on the icon of the printer with the plus (+) sign in the upper left corner.
  8. Press Register Printer.
  9. Press Perform Wireless LAN Setup.
  10. Press Auto Select Conn. Method (recommended)
  11. Press Connect via wireless router (recommended)
  12. The message, “The printer will be connected to the following wireless router.” may appear on the screen, Press YES if it is your network.
  13. Please enter your network's password, press OK.
  14. The message, “Sent the settings.” will appear on the screen.” press OK.
  15. The app will attempt to register the printer.
  16. Press the detected printer.
  17. The message, “You can register a printer under a name of your choice.” will appear on the screen. You can change the name or press OK.
  18. Close the app.
  19. Perform a test print.

If the setup fails, please unplug your router for approximately 1 minute. Once the router is plugged back it, after approximately 2 minutes all devices should be back up on the network. Perform the wireless setup one more time.

Thank you for the info. I greatly appreciate it!

I have a PIXMA TS8120 Canon printer. I changed my router just a few days ago. I tried easy wireless connect. That site did not help. I just want to change my router settings in the Canon Printer. How can I accomplish this?

Appreciate your help.

TS3160

i just purchased the new printer however someone has set an wifi password on the printer. How to remove it or reset it? I have tried to follow the steps but didn't work. 

Hi Choyu90,

To connect your PIXMA TS3160 to your wireless network, please follow the steps on this page (the model is different, but the steps are the same):

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART167967

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The Printer's wifi is not always visible. I connected to it and then it disappeared. Is there another way to connect my printer to the new wifi router I have.

Thank you

How do I know the password for Canon network?

Hi,

I just set up as new router. When I press the wifi button, the power button doesn't flash. I've held it down for a minute. The button under it that flashes when there is a problem will start to flash instead of the power button.

Thanks!

I didn't find this to be helpful. I tried resetting my printer's network on both my iOS device and Android and it didn't work. As soon as it would find my network, it would disconnect and wouldn't finish. 

I ended up finding the desktop setup software: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART162917 and was able to set up my printer after connecting it to my computer with a USB cable. 

I hope this helps other people who have the same issue.

Hi,

Also, Click Here for Canon Pixma Printer Setup with Wi-Fi 

Announcements