cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove access point - MF 726

rtuntland
Contributor

How do I remove an access point I had previeously entered? I don't see an option to remove/delete/forget.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For clarification, are you trying to turn off Wi-Fi Direct or connect the printer to a differnet Wi-Fi broadcast?

So you understand what I'm asking:

Wi-Fi Direct > wireess devices connect directly to the printer, no router or access point is needed.

Different Wi-Fi broadcast > you are connecting the printer a new wireless network or network whose broadcast name or password has changed. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have another access point running in the house that I don't want the printer to accidently connect to since I have set up a dedicated access point for the printer. That was all brought on by the installation of a tri-band rounter which outsmarts itself by automatically moving devices to bands with the most bandwidth not knowing that my printer can only connect to 2.4. This access point workaround did the trick.

Greetings,

Thats helpful info.

The following should help with SSID and/or password update - Wireless Help.  The printer only holds connection information for 1 network.  

Support | Color Laser | Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw | Canon USA

Other option:

Router

"SMART Connect" or similar feature (one SSID name for all broadcasts) can cause these type of issues.  Depending on the router brand/model, its usually possible to give each broadcast a unique name which will resolve (or ensure) the printer only connects with the 2.4Ghz broadcast.  This will eliminate the need for an extender as long as the printer is within range of the unique 2.4Ghz broadcast. 

See below for my Tri-Band Config

Broadcasts.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Rick. I'm running a tri-band Nighthawk X8 which works great, just not with my printer. In smart connect mode the 204 was not visible to the printer. I'll do some digging to see if I can do what you suggest with this router as it would be nice to eliminate the extender.

Announcements