cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall MX860 after Network Reconfiguration

baradanikto
Contributor

I recently upgraded my home network to use an eero Mesh Network.  The network install went fine and all of my devices are attached except for my MX860 printer.  I've tried for the last two days to reinstall it, but, I'm having difficulty.

I first tried to install it as wireless since that's how I was using it before the network change.  I was able to get to the point in the install where it asks to connect to an access point.  I have a three unit eero mesh.  Each unit has the same SSID, and, that's not something I can change.  So, when the install asked me to pick one, it complained saying that there was another AP with the same name.  It would not let me proceed further.  I then tried to manually define the AP, but, that also failed.

I next tried to connect the printer directly to the AP with an Ethernet cable.  The install could not find the printer.  I tried connecting it directly to my Cable Gateway, and, got the same message that it could not detect my printer.

Does anyone know how I extract myself from printer Hell.....?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi baradanikto,

If you have any antivirus, firewall or anti-spyware programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer, as these programs can sometimes block the detection of the printer during installation. Once the printer is installed successfully, you can re-enable the protection software.  

Should you still experience difficulty connecting the printer to your network, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi, baradanikto!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

You can also use the following link to browse our Wireless Help guides by clicking HERE.

Thanks!

Hi Jason,

I'm running Windows 7 x64.  Using a Cisco Cable Gateway with the three eero mesh units.

Hi baradanikto,

If you have any antivirus, firewall or anti-spyware programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer, as these programs can sometimes block the detection of the printer during installation. Once the printer is installed successfully, you can re-enable the protection software.  

Should you still experience difficulty connecting the printer to your network, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sometimes, the correct solution is the most obvious.  I was able to fix this problem.  The eero Mesh Network does not allow you to change the SSID for each individual device.  That makes sense.  So, I simply unplugged two of the devices and tried to install the printer.  And, voila, when it asked to connect to an AP, there was only one eero AP, so, it was able to connect correctly.  I then plugged the other two back in, and, I now have a working printer.

Announcements