cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pixma MX472 will not connect to wireless network

LShep
Apprentice

My Pixma MX472 will not connect to the wireless network in my home. The router is fine. Everything else is connected. But the printer won't connect. It will find my router says it is connected but still will not print. I turn on printer, give it a second and it just connects.

I have tried reinstalling and this did not solve the problem.  The printer was working fine, I have checked all connections the only message I receive is my ink is running low.

Please help.

21 REPLIES 21

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LShep,

Since the printer finds the router and connect but wont print, I will need to have you print the network settings directly from the printer. Since this prints directly from the printer, the issue with not printing from the computer wont effect this. Please click HERE for the steps to print the network settings.

Once the network settings print, please reply with the following items from the sheet: Connection, SSID (Does this match the name of your network?), Signal Strength, and the first 3 digits of the IP address.

We look forward to your reply.

ArthurJ,

I stumbled onto this thread and I am having the same issue with the printer. I printed the network settings as requested and here is MY info as needed:

Connection: Active

SSID: Yes, matches my home network

Signal strength: 81%

IPv4 IP Address: 192

Any help you can provide to me would be great. 

Hi tennisgirl858,

It looks like the network settings are good with the printer. Lets see if the computer can reach the printers remote user interface. 

Please open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page. Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

We look forward to your reply.

pc.PNG

Hi Arthur!

Thanks for responding! I actually got the printer to print! I uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. But the original problem I had still persists. I'll send a job to the printer and it will take anywhere from 15 minutes to hours to print. In the printer queue, it will get stuck in "Creating print data". I understand a big of lag, but hours?? Right now, I just sent a job over 30 minutes ago and it's just sitting in this status. My husband who sits directly next to the printer does not have this issue. Thank you for your help!

Connection ; Inactive

SSID : Matches our network

Signal Strength : 0%

IP Address : Says Disable

everything else is connected to the internet but we cant seem to print anything at the moment

chevygirl12
Apprentice

I just started having this problem worked fine than all of a sudden it stopped working, installed reinstalled now i have a printer ABCA3A000000 AND don't know why its' stuck on fax can't change , have error messages 0x80040154  so many more its horrible, getting pissed , even called my cable company thinking it was on their end, now eveybody wants me to pay to figure out the problem , I just bought a load of ink b/c i do a lot of printing , for what it would cost me to get the darn pinter fixed i'd rather just buy another and see if i can get refund on ink or sell, I'm just disgusted with the whole matter, i've tried everything here that was mentioned and then some , sorry for sounding off but i've been working on this for 2 days, and still working, 

Hi chevygirl12,

What model Canon printer do you own?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?  If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

model pixma mx 472 3-1 printer fax printer scanner 

Windows 10 

I had to do a reinstall the windows again to set everything again I lost apps which I now have to install. I tried everything I could nothing worked, so fed up I just went to last resort  Not happy i had to do that 

Hi chevygirl12,

Once you reinstalled, were you able to print again?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements