cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pixma MX472 will not connect to wireless network

LShep
Apprentice

My Pixma MX472 will not connect to the wireless network in my home. The router is fine. Everything else is connected. But the printer won't connect. It will find my router says it is connected but still will not print. I turn on printer, give it a second and it just connects.

I have tried reinstalling and this did not solve the problem.  The printer was working fine, I have checked all connections the only message I receive is my ink is running low.

Please help.

21 REPLIES 21

Darius, thank you, I attempted that yesterday and it could not detect the printer several times. I left it and tried again today, and it worked and printed successfully. I think my problem is that the printer is left "OFF" a lot of the time. I just need to keep the printer on all the time. I'll test the printing again later and tomorrow to see if that worked. Thanks for your help!

It is not my router. I have plenty of "infrequently used" devices on my network that are always available and never get dropped.

I gave up and went out and bought a new HP printer. So far, the new printer has worked flawlessly and the stress levels of my other "remote learning" family member have dropped significantly.

Announcements