cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PIXMA TR8520

amie1
Apprentice

I installed and re-installed all the drivers needed for this All in One Printer/Scanner.  I am using it over a wireless connection.  The printer works just fine; I even connected my iPhone and am able to print from my phone.  The problem is the scanner.  I am able to initiate the scan from my laptop, I hear it scanning, but nothing is sent back from the scanner to my laptop.  I am getting this error message:

"Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:" 

One of the reasons listed is "(If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions."  

I am using my laptop and scanner about 30 feet from my router.  Yes, there are walls dividing the space.  The router is approximately 4 years old.  My old scanner, however, worked just fine (for years) until about 4-5 months ago.  I thought it just stopped working so I got this new one printer/scanner.  Could the problem be that my router is too old and not producing a strong enough signal for the scanner to send back the information that was scanned?

Thank you for any help you can offer.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi amie1,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?  If using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

When you attempt to scan and the error message appears, what error code appears at the bottom?  (it is typically 3 numbers separated by commas)

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick. I have Windows 10. The error message at the bottom is Code 2,157,50

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi amie1,

The 2,157,50 error is caused by security software on your computer that is blocking the incoming scan communication from your PIXMA TR8520.  Please temprarily disable your security software and attempt to scan.   Please remember to re-enable that software once done.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements