cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re Canon MX922, OSX Yosemite 10.10.1-printer doesn't recognize LAN. Comes up as PC Local (USB)

caroldorn
Contributor

I have always been able to put a picture on the platen, punch the scan button, and bring up an email form with the picture in the body.  Suddenly (perhaps latest iMac update?) I am getting a msg "Start the PC to start scanning" - nothing I do will let me scan the photo wirelessly.  Have re-entered LAN settings.  Have read others have this issue.  What is the fix?

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi caroldorn,

You will need to have the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX running on your computer in order to scan wirelessly from the operation panel of the printer.  To ensure it is running, from the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Network Scanner Selector EX folder, then Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX icon.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tried this.  Didn't fix.  Have rebooted (unplugged) printer. Rebooted (turned off) iMac.  After punching scan button, still says "Attach to E-Mail Local (USB).  This didn't happen until update to Yosemite.  Does Ramona perhaps have something further I can try?  Could this be a driver issue?  If so, where do I go to get it resolved?

Thanks, Carol

Hi caroldorn,

We can reset the printer system on your computer, then reinstall the drivers to see if this will resolve the issue.  To reset the printer system, please follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences should be empty. If your printer is still listed on the left select your printer and then click the minus (-) button to delete it.

3. Restart your Mac.

Next, please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MX922.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED DOWNLOADS" section and click on the CUPS drivers file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded and installed the CUPS driver file from the website, please also install all other items from the Recommeded Downloads and Drivers section of the webpage.  To install the software that comes with the printer, please follow the steps above, except for in step 2 you will want to click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section instead of the Recommended Downloads section to locate and download the software.

Once all items have been downloaded, please double-click on each of the items on your Mac to install them. Since you are using the printer wirelessly, please ensure that the Canon IJ Network Tool is the very last item installed.  

Once all items have been installed, please restart your Mac and attempt to scan.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Tried all of that, word by word!  Now my iMac won't even see the printer!  When I clicked on the + button, it only listed a printer connected to a different iMac in this house.  Do I need to reinstall the printer disc that came with the printer?  I am at a complete loss as to what to do.  Help!! 🙂

Carol Dorn

Hi caroldorn,

Since you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance so the problem can be resolved expediently.

Announcements