cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing from 5g to 2.4g

gtifeld
Contributor

I'm sure this has been addressed earlier, but I can't seem to find it.

I have a friend with a Pixma MX922 which I understand only connects at 2.4g. She cannot print or scan when she is connected to her router at 5g. She keeps having to switch her laptop down to 2.4 whenever she wants to do that. Her laptop is a Dell running Windows 10, but her husband has a Macbook and has no problems with this.

Any ideas/suggestions, etc? If any specific information is needed, please let me know and I'll be glad to supply it. Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is a hardware or network issue unrelated to the Canon printer.  Although the printer connects to her network on the 2.4Ghz broadcast, all network devices regardless of how they connect wired or wirelessly, irrespective of band can print to the network printer if properly configured.

I would look at the network configuration or router.  Wireless isolation, using vLANs, cascading devices, etc.  Have no idea about her individual set up, but this is not a limitation of the printer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your response. I didn't mean to imply that this was a lmiitation of the printer. I figured it was config. issue, but thought perhaps they might be some standard "across-the-board" settings that someone here could supply. I guess I'll have to contact the ISP. Thank you.

Regards,

--- Gary

Announcements