cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX472 won't scan

Freudlaven
Apprentice

Hi there,
I have a Canon MX472 and am running Windows 10. I set up my printer on WIFI and it's worked fine before, but now when I try and scan, it's saying "PC not Connected". But I can print from the computer just fine. Any help on getting this matter fixed would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,

Sean

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello.

Try scanning directly from the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.  Make sure that the 'network' version of the printer is selected at the top of the program.

If you are able to scan from the program, restart your computer.  Then turn the printer off and back on to see if you will be able to scan from the operator panel.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

camozell
Apprentice

Scanner an Canon will not list scanned items to be saved.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

stefniekayelle
Apprentice

Uninstall the HP print driver and software that might cause the scanning issue. If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, then click Uninstall or Yes. in case you find more problem or technical issues visit the 

<link removed per form guidelines>

and the guidelines from there to solve your query.

Hoping this might help others who find they can print but cannot scan wirelessly....

After a recent house move I had to start using my Canon Pixma wirelessly with laptop, it was always connected via usb before. I discovered I could print wirelessly without problem but when I tried to scan wirelessly I'd get the 'no connection' message. I found the following worked for me on Windows 10 OS........

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers\Canon (your series number) Printer WS\Scanner Management.  Right-click on the "Scan Photos or Documents" link and send shortcut to that link to your desktop by right-clicking on it. Click on new desktop shortcut and dialog box appears which lets you scan and it turns on the printer and wirelessly scans! This worked for me so hope it helps others.

Thank you deedee! I registered for this site just to say your response was the only suggestion (of MANY) that actually worked for me. I've been able to print but not scan ever since work gave me a new Windows 10 laptop about 6 months ago. Your solution (mostly) solved my issue! Unfortunately, if I try to initiate the scan from the printer, it still won't recognize my laptop as a destination to save the scan, but now at least I can initiate the scan from the computer.

Thanks again!

I am getting error code 2,250,200.  Printer works but I get the error when tring to scan.

Jan

I do get it to scan if I hook my laptop to the printer scanner directly.  It prints with no problem with wifi, just won't scan unless hooked directly.

Hi Janlam,

What is the model of Canon printer that you own?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tryed my scanner last night for the first time in 3 months and suprise, it worked over the wifi. Have no idea what happened unless it was the Windows update I got back in  Nov or Dec.  I got another update recently, maybe that corrected the problem????? I worked over a month trying everything to get the scanner to work over the wifi last year with no luck.  Just glad it is working again.  I have a Lenovo, Win10, Cannon Pixma MG 5320. Thanks anyway for trying to  answer to my problem.

queensuzique
Apprentice

Not only did it scan sporatically but when printing, it would sound like it was working and then the paper would come out clean. I changed ink, trouble shoot, clean, deep clean ink...would work once or twice and then back to the same no print on paper. I only used Canon ink. Had 2 printer/scanners that did the exact same thing.

Solution...trashed them both and bought an HP printer/scanner.

Hi, I am having the exact same problem, and I cannot get a solution anywhere. I can print fine, but any time I try to scan I get the below message. I think I might need to do what you did and throw my Canon in the trash and buy a HP scanner that actually works.

Untitled.png

Same here; same solution too. Wasting more time trying to make mf634cdw work than it saves in productivity. Live and learn.

Announcements