cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX472 won't scan

Freudlaven
Apprentice

Hi there,
I have a Canon MX472 and am running Windows 10. I set up my printer on WIFI and it's worked fine before, but now when I try and scan, it's saying "PC not Connected". But I can print from the computer just fine. Any help on getting this matter fixed would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,

Sean

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello.

Try scanning directly from the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.  Make sure that the 'network' version of the printer is selected at the top of the program.

If you are able to scan from the program, restart your computer.  Then turn the printer off and back on to see if you will be able to scan from the operator panel.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

camozell
Apprentice

Scanner an Canon will not list scanned items to be saved.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

SteveSim
Apprentice

I have a Pixma TS5050 and I had this issue and spent 2 days trying to resolve it.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit.

In the end I removed all printers and scanners using the Printers and scanners settings. Removed all the drivers and software.

Completed a clean setup.

Removed all printers and scanners using the Printers and scanners settings, AGAIN.

Then added printer. This then showed the Printer and also the scanner. It then changed to the printer and Inkjet Multifunction printer.

The scanner now works using the Canon software. Why I should need to do this I have no idea.

Announcements