cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX472 won't scan

Freudlaven
Apprentice

Hi there,
I have a Canon MX472 and am running Windows 10. I set up my printer on WIFI and it's worked fine before, but now when I try and scan, it's saying "PC not Connected". But I can print from the computer just fine. Any help on getting this matter fixed would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,

Sean

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello.

Try scanning directly from the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.  Make sure that the 'network' version of the printer is selected at the top of the program.

If you are able to scan from the program, restart your computer.  Then turn the printer off and back on to see if you will be able to scan from the operator panel.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

camozell
Apprentice

Scanner an Canon will not list scanned items to be saved.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

I fixed my problem. After downloading the driver installation file for the 4880dw printer on windows 10 the printer began to print but would not recognize the computer I wished to scan to. After much google study with no clear result on how to solve the issue, I just happened to locate the original user software disk that came with the printer and was used to orignally connect my other computers successfully. I ran the software that included and apparently loaded the MF toolkit. Voila! my new computer was recognized for scanning on the printer.

I fixed my problem. After downloading the driver installation file for the 4880dw printer on windows 10 the printer began to print but would not recognize the computer I wished to scan to. After much google study with no clear result on how to solve the issue, I just happened to locate the original user software disk that came with the printer and was used to orignally connect my other computers successfully. I ran the software that included and apparently loaded the MF toolkit. Voila! my new computer was recognized for scanning on the printer.

dconkle
Apprentice

Me too.  How do I fix it?  trying to scan from 3 different computers ... all same message

Jasmin
Apprentice

I've had this problem also - will print - will not scan as of this week afrer months of use.

I can get the scanner to work if i use the windows 10 scan app but not using the usual cannon software

teamdivott
Apprentice

Like everyone else on this message thread, my scanner quit functioning within a few weeks of setting up my G7020 printer with Dell Computer with Windows 10. 

This is my first venture with Canon, after being a long-time HP customer.  So far, this has been a big mistake.  It took me hours just to get my printer set up with my laptop.  The Canon manual and the responses from the Canon help desk have not helped.  Fortunately, the responses from other customers with possible work arounds have helped the most. 

Still it hasn't fixed the problem.  I noticed the first message was from 2016, and 4 years later, Canon still doesn't have a solution?  I couldn't be any more frustrated.  I had similar problems just getting my printer linked to my laptop.  Time is money, and trying to get this printer to work has cost me so much.

I had a problem of no scanning with Canon 4880dw on both windows 7 and windows 10 machines. The printer worked. Downloaded and reloaded drivers from Canon website without success - until I found the original disk that came with the printer. When I attempted to reload the driver from this disk it said the driver was already loaded but the Canon Toolkit MF Network Scan Utility\CNMFSUT6.EXE did not seem loaded. After I loaded it - voila scanner recognized computers. So get the disk that came with printer or ask Canon to supply this utility...

Thanks for suggestion.  What is frustrating is to make your solution work, I now have to purchase an external disc drive for my laptop. 

I cannot believe how much time I have spent to get this Canon all-in-one copier set up and it still doesn't work for the most important purpose for which I purchased it.  This has been an ongoing issue for Canon since 2016, per this thread, and they still have not come up with a solution for us to not have to keep erasing the software and then downloading it again?

I really appreciate your responding to my message.  I will try to follow your suggestion if that is my only solution.

I just revisited the Canon website and did not notice the software tab before. For the 4880dw it lists a Toolbox 4.9 1.1.mf18 download. Perhaps this is equivalent to what was on my Canon supplied disk. Good luck...

Thanks for that heads up.  I will look at this and see if this fixes the problem.  I appreciate your assistance.  Very considerate of you.  Thanks, Patrick

Jphillip
Apprentice

I had this printer for years now.   Needless to say,  I had the exact same problem.  Printer over WiFi works fine, but when you try to scan, sometimes work, most times wont.   

I tried everything,  reseting drivers,  diferent computers,  conected the printer near my WiFi router, disable ports, firewall,  nothing woked...   (conection over USB cable works but I have no space near PC).

So I check youtube and found a guy with the same problem. He did not fix it but found a way around it. 

Basically,  download another scan software!!!  THATS IT

GO to windows store and search for 'Windows Scan"  Is free and it works all the time!!   So this is most likely a bug in the canon software.  

The only down side I can see is that it doesnt scan to PDF.  But if this works I would guess any third party scan utility should work. 

This is the link for the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XeG6tnc_6Q&t=121s 

Hope it helps! 

Announcements