cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX472 won't scan

Freudlaven
Apprentice

Hi there,
I have a Canon MX472 and am running Windows 10. I set up my printer on WIFI and it's worked fine before, but now when I try and scan, it's saying "PC not Connected". But I can print from the computer just fine. Any help on getting this matter fixed would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,

Sean

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello.

Try scanning directly from the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.  Make sure that the 'network' version of the printer is selected at the top of the program.

If you are able to scan from the program, restart your computer.  Then turn the printer off and back on to see if you will be able to scan from the operator panel.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

camozell
Apprentice

Scanner an Canon will not list scanned items to be saved.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

Hi camozell! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer model you own and what opertaing system (Windows 7, 8, 10) or Mac OS X (10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

queensuzique
Apprentice

I have a Canon MX922 printer that prints just fine but, I get an error message whenever I try to scan anything. Can't seem to connect. Windows 10 just updated, could that have something to do with it?

ubsman
Apprentice

I have a MX472 that will not scan. I bought it this year and it has never worked. When I go to scan the message reads, "Please wait a while." I use Windows 10. 

Thank you.

Hi ubsman,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yolinda
Apprentice

Good day

I am from South Africa

I purchased a PIXMA MX494 on 1 Feb2018

I inbstalled the printer, scanner, fax and is has been performing beautifully until Wednesday 21 February 2018.

Today I have to scan work to our Head Office and I am unable to do so.

The scanner picks up my wifi router but I get an error message "program not responding".

I did a priny\ter and Laptop Reboot but still no joy.I was having issues with a v\brand new HP scanner/printer and just went out and bought the Canon and now having issues with the Canon too.

I assume after doing the same thing over and over with excellent results, I now have to do something different to get the scanner to scan to my laptop, I just don't know what it is I should do.

Please help

Your assistance is appreciated.

Kind regards

Yolinda

Hi, Yolinda!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

hank you I will give SA a bash.

Your propt response is appreciated

Kind regards

Yolinda

Basic troubleshooting.

What IP does the mx494 have?

What IP does the computer think it has?

Can you ping it?

With both devices connected to your wireless network....

Open the IJ Networking Tool

Press the Update button

Then press Configuration

Once detected, File menu, close the tool and test scanning again.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I had a problem at some point where the printer was seen by my system but the scanner function did not work (anymore; it had before). I could not get it resolved and at some point just gave up. Some time ago I installed a utility from Auslogics that checks and updates drivers; and it had me remove drivers for unused devices. Since the network printer was not turned on at that time, that was one of the unused devices that got uninstalled. Then the next time I turned the printer on, Windows detected it, and installed the driver for it (again). And since that day, the scanner works as it always had, before. So, maybe you want to uninstall the driver for your printer (completely) and then install from scratch. Good luck!

@mhgudawrote:
So, maybe you want to uninstall the driver for your printer (completely) and then install from scratch. Good luck!

Of course that will work too, as it will run the IJ Networking tool again.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements