cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX472 won't scan

Freudlaven
Apprentice

Hi there,
I have a Canon MX472 and am running Windows 10. I set up my printer on WIFI and it's worked fine before, but now when I try and scan, it's saying "PC not Connected". But I can print from the computer just fine. Any help on getting this matter fixed would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,

Sean

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello.

Try scanning directly from the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.  Make sure that the 'network' version of the printer is selected at the top of the program.

If you are able to scan from the program, restart your computer.  Then turn the printer off and back on to see if you will be able to scan from the operator panel.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

camozell
Apprentice

Scanner an Canon will not list scanned items to be saved.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

Canon does not accept messages from me because I am not in the US.

Hi mhguda! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Even though I am geographically in north America, the Canon website relegates me to Other countries in Latin America. I cannot find a similar support forum as the one here.   Which underlines my point: Canon will sell us the products (and take our money) but refuse to answer reasonable support questions.

Recently I moved from Window OS to Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:58.0.  I am unable to get the printer (MG6821) to scan.  I used to go into untilities for the scanner on the pc to scan but I don't have that option with the new OS.  There is no scan button only options for printing.  I tried using the touch pad on the printer itself without success.  Do I need to download a scan driver to Linux and if so which one?  All options seem to be for MAC or a version of windows.  Suggestions, please.

Greetings...

ScanGear Linux Drivers are on Canon's Website

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Printer prints OK to computer but will not scan to computer.

@Schmeer wrote:

My printer prints just fine.  It will not scan for some reason now.  I have Win10 if that makes any diff.  I was able to scan from the program before but never from the printer itself.  Now,  can't do that either.      It says printer may not be connected.

Hello Ganolet!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer and operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Did you ever get a solution? I have a Canon printer scanner that will print from both my laptops, but will only recognize one of them when scanning. It makes no sense that it won't recognize the other one, especially because that one prints to the printer all the time.

Hi RMPrudent - 

Unfortunately not. I've never been able to initiate a scan from the printer and have it recognize my work laptop. I either initiate from the computer itself or scan and send to my personal laptop. 

camozell
Apprentice

Scanner an Canon will not list scanned items to be saved.

Announcements