Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer won't connect

DarkLordXYZ
Apprentice

Hi.

Product's an MX490 Pixma. 
it used to work well until I download this program called Not Another PDF Scanner 2. After I did, I used it and connected the laptop to the printer using a cable (was using wireless connection before). After using it, I figured out I can't use the automatic feeder for it so I decided I'd stick with the program that came with it. Now it won't connect to my laptop. Would really love some help. Thanks. 

Edit: after saying on the printer: Connected [OK], it says this on my laptop: Failed to perform cableless setup. Suspend the process and select other setup method by following the instructions on the screens. 

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Connected on the printer most likely means connected to the router. Installing the new program and connecting via USB may have disrupted the computer side of the connection.

Delete the new software and repeat the printer connection process choosing wifi.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shaquia
Apprentice

@DarkLordXYZ wrote:

Hi.

Product's an MX922
it used to work well until I download this program called Not Another PDF Scanner 2. After I did, I used it and connected the laptop to the printer using a cable (was using wireless connection before). After using it, I figured out I can't use the automatic feeder for it so I decided I'd stick with the program that came with it. Now it won't connect to my laptop. Would really love some help. Thanks. 

Edit: after saying on the printer: Connected [OK], it says this on my laptop: Failed to perform cableless setup. Suspend the process and select other setup method by following the instructions on the screens. 

Announcements