cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not scanning

juliehot16
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MX472 which I have used a lot of times even tho I haven't used it recently. Now I wanna scan some documents to computer and it is telling me 1) network connection is prohibited by security software 2) signal strength is poor due to obstruction 3) diff scanner on network is selected among other errors. I'm at a loss cuz I'm the only user of my comp and I haven't changed anything. I have Windows 8. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi juliehot16,

Let's start by re-installing the printer drivers.

1. Click HERE.

2. Scroll down to ""Optional Drivers."

3. Click "Select" next to "MX470 series MP Drivers."

4. Press "Download."

5. Open and run the file.

6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Did what u suggested and now its telling me 'couldn't complete updates - undoing changes'. Tried to scan but still giving me the original errors listed in 1st comments. Frustrated!!!!!!!!

Hi juliehot16,

If you are unable to re-install the drivers, please contact us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Announcements