cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer is offline message

WGrebe1967
Contributor

My Pixma MG 7120 has developed an annoying issue.It worked with no problem for several years until a few weeks ago

I nearly always receive a "printer is offline " message. For printing to occur I need to stop and start spooler (sometimes more than once). Drivers are up to date. I uninstalled then reinstalled the printer .

I use Windows 10 and have an HP desktop computer. Printer is connected wirelessly which has been true long before the "printer is offline" issue developed.

Suggestions are welcome

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

HI WGrebe1967,

Based on your description of the issue, it would appear that you would need to update your version of Windows 10 to the latest version, as older versions of Windows 10 had issues with the print spooler that has been resolved with Windows update.

To do this, please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter S, then let both go.

In the Search window, please type WINDOWS UPDATE and click on "Check for updates" in the results above.

For more information, please use the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-the-windows-10-october-2020-update-7d20e88c-0568-483...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements