cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer connection problem

laurieferris
Apprentice

I cannot get my Mac OS10.6.8 to recognize/find my new Canon MG6620 printer. The printer IS connected to the LAN access point. Help!

2 REPLIES 2

duggadugdug
Apprentice

I'm having this same problem, also.  My router recognizes and communicates with the printer. Entering the printer's IP address in a web browser connects me to the printer's "internal" webpage (but requires a password I don't know), so some sort of connection is there.

But everytime I try to print (and I've tried from multiple applications), it will start "Printing page 1" and then within a second or two, the queue displays a "The printer is not connected" error up top, and the specific job says "Printing -- Looking for printer"

I've updated the firmware, cycled the computer, the printer, and the router down and restarted.  Still, nothing.

I'm not encouraged by the lack of response to the prior questioner's query over the past 7 months.  Next stop: A majorly negative Amazon review...

Well, for whatever reason, removing the printer from my Mac, and then re-adding it again (via the "Printers and Scanners" option under "System Preferences") has it up and running again.  Not sure what the problem was, or whether it will recur again, but that at least appears to be a temporary work-around.

Announcements