cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer TS6320 connection problem

anne56
Apprentice

I recently received a hitron modem from my service provider.  After installing the modem, O tried to connect the wifi to my Canon MG6210.  After many attempts,  I was unable to reconnect to the wifi.  I had been contemplating on getting a new printer, so I decided to go shop for a new printer , a TS6320.  I had made many attempts to connect it to the wifi with no success.  I even tried to go to Canon online support who directed me to jsubscribe to the Just Answer site to talk to 'experts'.  After paying $5 subscription, I came out with nothing helpful.  I read a lot on the internet about the souce of the problem but reluctant to try some of them because I am not too knowlegeable with technology.  Wonder if someone has encountered similar problem so as to give me some pointers?  Thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi anne56,

First, Canon support would not redirect you to a "Just Answer" site.  Please make sure that you were going to the official supprt page:

http://usa.canon.com

Next, some Hitron routers will not allow you to connect a wireless printer by entering your wireless password in on your printer.  Hitron routers do, however, support the WPS Pin Code method.  Please refer to your router's documentation regarding this.  The router's log in information may be located on a sticker on the router itself.

Once you have accessed the router's web interface on your computer and have navigated to the WPS section, you can view your PIXMA TS6320's PIN by following these steps:

1.  Press the OK button on your PIXMA TS6320.

2.  Use the down arrow to select W-Fi Setup and press OK.

3.  Use the down arrow to select Other connection and press OK.

4.  Select WPS (PIN code method) and press OK.

The PIN will appear on the PIXMA TS6320's display.

Enter that PIN in the router's interface in the WPS Client PIN section.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Than you.  Problem solved 

I'm glad to hear that!  Thank you for letting us know

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi anne56,

First, Canon support would not redirect you to a "Just Answer" site.  Please make sure that you were going to the official supprt page:

http://usa.canon.com

Next, some Hitron routers will not allow you to connect a wireless printer by entering your wireless password in on your printer.  Hitron routers do, however, support the WPS Pin Code method.  Please refer to your router's documentation regarding this.  The router's log in information may be located on a sticker on the router itself.

Once you have accessed the router's web interface on your computer and have navigated to the WPS section, you can view your PIXMA TS6320's PIN by following these steps:

1.  Press the OK button on your PIXMA TS6320.

2.  Use the down arrow to select W-Fi Setup and press OK.

3.  Use the down arrow to select Other connection and press OK.

4.  Select WPS (PIN code method) and press OK.

The PIN will appear on the PIXMA TS6320's display.

Enter that PIN in the router's interface in the WPS Client PIN section.

Than you.  Problem solved 

I'm glad to hear that!  Thank you for letting us know

Thanks to everybody who replied but, after a couple of hours, my problem is fixed.

Hi Patrick,

I've had a similar situation to the 1 I'm about to describe. At that time, the Tech Support person I spoke to seemed to have a simple fix, but, of course, I cannot remember what it is. So , here's my problem. The power went off extremely briefly. Everything came back except the ability for my Windows 10 PC to talk to my PIXMA TS6230 printer. Can you please help me fix it?

Hi,

Please use the steps HERE to manually connect your printer back to your network. 

Announcements