cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer/Scanner can't see laptop

JanL57
Apprentice

good day, I have a new mf632Cdw printer/scanner.  We have several different laptops running in the house, one of them being my work Dell.  I am trying to scan to computer.  The printer/scanner "sees" my Dell laptop but doesn't recognize either of 2 new HP laptops running Windows 10.  What settings do I have to change to make the 2 HP laptops visible for scanning?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi JanL57.

There are a few things that we can check. First, verify if the scanner is selected in the MF Network Scanner Selector EX. Follow the steps below to confirm this information:

1. Click  in the system tray.

2. Select the check box for the machine, and click [OK].

If the scanner is already selected, then there may be another program that is causing interference. Normally this will be an antivirus or firewall program. It is recommended that you temporarily disable this software, and then uninstall and reinstall the drivers and MF Scan Utility software. To uninstall the software, please follow the instructions below:

1. Type [Control Panel] into the Windows search bar, and then select it from the list.

2. Select the MF Scan Utility, and then click Uninstall. Follow the prompts to uninstall the files.

3. Select the MF630C Series, and then click Uninstall. Follow the prompts to uninstall the files.

4. Restart the computer.

Once the computer is back on, follow the steps in Part 2 of the link below to download and reinstall the files:

After the drivers and software have been reinstalled, please scan a document.

If you still continue to experience an issue once the drivers have been reinstalled, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements